Wednesday, January 2, 2013

outfit of the day [No.2]


So far this year, i've stuck to my two goals for the second day in a row. woohoo! First, I'm [attempting] to do the mile-a-day challenge. Pretty standard, you just run one mile each day, and if you happen to miss a day, you'd just run two the next and so on. Was inspired by the ladies at A Beautiful Mess and their mile-a-day from thanksgiving to new years. I think it'd be great to be able to say that I ran 365 miles in 2013, but we'll see how it goes. I usually do well with loose goals, not having too definite times or it becomes less fun. Sounds silly, but in my mind, this is still fun for me! [although it is still only day two...] Secondly, I have my outfitoftheday post no. 2 ! Nothing too crazy on the list for today, had a quick lunch date and now off to do essay writing [even though i have physically left my semester in London, i still have three final essays to really be done, sigh.] I knew that i wanted to be comfy today, and nothings more comfy to me than a maxi dress/skirt and an oversized  sweater! :








// velvet turban: icing, [sale] 5$ // black maxi-dress: H&M, 15$ // lace halter bra: free people, 38$ //
// mustard wool sweater: uo, [sale] 15$ // patent riding boots: icing 18$ // necklaces: leaf: forever21,
 1.50$ / hot air balloon globe: spitalfields market, london, uk, gifted // rings: animal face: vintage market, london, uk, 8£ / midi-ring: icing, 2$ //


Comfort & style are definitely friends and should be celebrated. An easy way to make a super comfortable outfit seem a bit more funky is through accessories. For today, i chose to add a velvet turban [1. because my hair is a total mess 2. because it adds a bit of a gypsy-like feel to today] I also paired some mixed metal rings with layered necklaces. Accessories like these are small and almost barely visible through the woolen fabric of the sweater, yet the sweater would be too plain without it. Sometimes its the little pieces of the outfit that truly make it!

ps this midi-ring was actually an old toe-ring I found whilst rummaging through old jewelry. I was inspired by the midi-rings at free people, and thought I would try out the look before I bought one of theirs. [and also see if it bugged me having a ring so high up on my finger -- it doesnt!] 

-xx S

No comments:

Post a Comment