Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day >> DIY

 +++
For Mother's Day this year my mom was at a dance competition all day with my sister, so we weren't really able to do anything special & we had done loads of lovey-dovey-youre-the-best-part-of-me-mom thing two weeks ago for her birthday. Nonetheless I still wanted to bring a little something to brighten up her days. I decided to buy some cacti & succulent plants for her to brighten up her office, her bedroom, or wherever else she felt she needed a little bit more something.
 +
I picked three different plants in three different sizes to represent her three children. 
I had already bought myself two cacti & succelant plants back in february & i love looking at something natural in my room. I like the idea of growth in the everyday.
+
I had painted the pots i bought from ac moore with cheap acrylic paint just to make them seem that more special. It was very fun, easy & relatively cheap for this project. For the painting designs I just used whatever colours & patterns i felt like -- very liberating to not have any proper plan. 
++
>> plants: home depot, 12$
>> pots & paint: ac moore: 8$









+++

This mini DIY was quick & fun. My mum really enjoyed the plants & was surprised that I had painted them so nicely (thanks mum) She brought the purple rimmed cactus with her to work this morning!

- xx S

No comments:

Post a Comment