Tuesday, May 28, 2013

restyle DiY: daisy dress



+++

I had bought this daisy dress at the thrift store for 4$ and knew I wanted to try to restyle it somehow. Dont get me wrong, it was cute enough on it own but i wanted to switch up the hem a little bit.
+
Originally i was just going to do the classic high-low option. Then i started remembering how recently I has seen long slits in maxis instead of high-low.
+
From there I kindof did the opposite: instead of creating two side slits in a longer dress, i cut it to a mini dress with long side panels.
I'm all for the mini dress, but I wanted to give it a little more movement and flow to it.

 +
For this restyle all I used was
1. the dress
2. scissors
3. white fabric pencil

>><<
I simply folded the dress symmetrically in half,
drew a guiding line with the fabric pencil,
& cut a half rounded square shape


I wore this in my weekly style capture 12.0 post --> pairing it with lace biker shorts, a bright cardigan, a floral crown & some layered necklaces.

- xx S

No comments:

Post a Comment