Friday, May 17, 2013

art therapy: major visual statement

For our "final" in my art therapy class we had to do a major visual statement and presentation. There were so many different ideas that I wanted to do but they all required weeks of work, (ahem, altered books) I started thinking back on all of my projects throughout the semester and realized that they all were connected--they were all demonstrating my growth and widening of perspective in the past year. The image of an eye came to me and i knew I wanted to incorporate that into representing how broadly ive grown. I made a list of all the places, people, events, objects that have inspired this growth and picked a lot of which has influenced me the greatest. Originally I wanted to have representations of all these things within the eye itself but it was too small, so I created triangular sections from from the eye and going outward on the canvas--i liked this symbolism more too.
++
I really enjoyed this project and being able to have a large (18x24) canvas to visually represent this growth in spirit and view. My "canvas wall" behind my bed is looking pretty full so I'm in need of some rearranging to fit this baby up somewhere


-
- xx S

No comments:

Post a Comment