Monday, February 4, 2013

weekend wonders

Classes began last week, & after finalizing my schedule I have class tuesdays and thrusdays from 8am-430pm. Le sigh, very long day. Especially because I am not used to having to commute to school everyday, as for the past three years Ive always lived within walking distance. Now I'm driving & walking & having to make sure I have allllll of my books and notebooks for the four classes. //end rant. The good thing about these two long days a week is that I technically have 4 day weekends every weekend. woohoo! However, most of these days will be spent either working or doing coursework. After a stressful week of trying to sort everything out, (still not everything is done) I aimed to enjoy my weekend as best as I could. My weekend wonders:

// 1.  // My darling friend Jaci is having a baby in four weeks! A baby boy & I cant wait to meet him. I first met Jaci in January of 2009, when she moved from the UK to Buffalo. We were working together, & have worked together at 2 different companies now. Our first conversations were all about how her fiance Roy was trying to come over to the US. The process was a huge ordeal and kept getting pushed further and further. Their wedding had to be pushed back another 3 months so Roy would be here in time. That was in 2010, and now theyre expecting their first baby! The baby shower was sunday & it was so lovely. I'm so excited for them & for the little munchkin to arrive.
// 2. //  Outfit 1: blue tied shirt: thrifted, 3$ // grey tunic: freepeople, [sale] 29$ // leggings: icing, 5$ //
// socks: [sale] freepeople, 8$ // boots: icing, 15$ //necklaces: blue tassel: gifted / charm: fossil,
 anthro, varied prices / keylock: fossil, [sale] 15$ //


 // 3. // friday night party, & the highlight of the night was getting my hair braided.

















// 4. // sleepy pup while I finish reading for class.
 
// 5. // spoiled pup and her abundance of toys.

// 6. // pretty plants that I found while in Home Depot looking for paint colours with my sister. I fell in love with all the gorgeous vibrant colours & funky shapes! 

 // 7. //  After seeing Jaci & her beautiful little baby bump, my mum & I decided to go through some old photo boxes. This photo is of my parents in '88 :)

// 8. // top photo: me, my brother & my sister. bottom photo: me & my brother, 
Don't ask why I'm wearing a genie costume with some sort of animal face paint AND why I chose to wear a snow white costume with a santa hat. I remember loving to play dress-up with anything and everything I could find when I was little. My mom made a ton of my dresses and costumes, & I plan on keeping that tradition for my future kids!

 // 9. // This is my mum's first baby bump, and its me inside there! Other than the phenom '90's attire, the best bit about this photo is that it was taken the DAY before I was born. So crazy!
 // 10. // And my mother wonders why she sometimes questions my outfit choices... Also I so wish that I still had that hat!
// 11. // HUUGE [& delicious] strawberries, mmm!

//  
// 12. // My fabulous finds & purchases this weekend, [oops] :
+ one of Bukowski's book of poems
+ sparkly hello kitty nailpolish [needed, obv]
+ my two plant picks!
+ 3 fab finds at Old Navy [always surprising what you can find there when you look] / pink&white striped longsleeve / denim polka dot dress / anchor printed light denim button down shirt //

// 13. // my new plants in their new home

 // 14. // There were so many lovely & varied types of cactus to choose from. I've been wanting to bring some plant-life into my room, ever since I started growing my bamboo plant back in 2008 [?] I needed some freshness and colour in my room, and i figured that these seemed small enough to be a trial run! The larger cactus is called a Thimble catctus - mammilaria gracilis fragilis. i loved the teal colour of it. The smaller one is called "little jewel," or pachyveria glauca. My sister helped pick this one out, she liked how much it resembled a blossom. I'm super pumped to begin to bring more plant-life to my space.
// 15. // comfy & cozy in sweaters & headwraps



 // 16 & 17. // This is what I wore to Jaci's baby shower. I justified the swan dress purchase by telling myself I needed a new dress for the shower. I already wore it in a much more casual way to work, [shown in previous post.] To make this dress more fancy schmancy I kept it plain & belted, wore tights & more dressy accessories.
// earrings: LC Lauren Conrad, gifted // necklace: anthropologie, [sale] 40$ //


Hope everyone found some time this weekend to sit back & enjoy moments!

- xx S

No comments:

Post a Comment