Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Art therapy projects

In a previous post i showed one of my first visual statement pieces for my Art Therapy class. This past week we had to submit three more pieces & i was very excited to submit mine, receive feedback, & catch a glimpse of the other projects submitted by my peers.

The first piece is an inspiration board of sorts: things i like, inspire me, make me feel alive. // mixed media: from scrapbook paper, acrylic paint, mod podge, polaroid film, stencils, fabric, faux flower, magazine photo, sharpie, newsprint, tissue paper

My second piece was done on sketchbook paper using tissue paper & lined paper to show my negative and depressed past & my reaching for a more whole and positive present. I took actual pages from my 2008 journal and cut them into the spiral shape.

The third piece is called 'The Center' and it is a depiction of my inner search for wholeness and finding a place within the world // acrylic paint










- xx S

1 comment: