Friday, April 5, 2013

re-style: veggie burger edition

This July I will have been a vegetarian (lacto ovo pescatarian whatever) for six years. Lucky for me I'm a big fan of veggie burgers--whenever i go to a restaurant i immediately check out the burger section and look for the garden burger option: if they have one my tummy's like "yay" and if they dont im like "boo, this place sucks" (juuuussst kidding!) But seriously, veggie burgers are awesome, but the other day I wanted to have a healthier/less calorie version of a good ol burger, so this is what i did:



>> :
+ sandwich thin (110 cal for one full roll so i used one half for the base)
+ red pepper hummus ( i tend to go overboard on condiments with ANYTHING so i wanted to use a healthier & just as delicious solution to my mayo/mustard/bbq sauce/various dressings )
+ one slice of swiss cheese (along with my condiment addiction I indulge in a bit too much cheese on an everyday basis--learning to love just one slice)
+ romaine lettuce
+ Morning Star Garden Burger - 110 cal !!

 +++
+ Instead of using the other half of the roll on top and calling it a day I wanted to incorporate an egg instead 
+ Originally i  was going to have the sauteed mushrooms on top of the burger but it was getting stacked pretty high so i just put them on the side!
 

+++

+ Added a bit of ketchup (come on a girl needs someee condiments) & a tall glass of dark chocolate almond milk & perfecto!
 This meal was I) filling in a pleasant way  II) delicious III) relatively healthier than a tradition styled burger IV) only around 370 calories all together -- woohoo!

- xx S

No comments:

Post a Comment