Thursday, February 28, 2013

Project time!

Im taking an art therapy class this semester, which im really enjoying so far. We mostly talk about how this kind of therapy works & look at cases and interpret. We also hand in 8 visual statements over the course of the semester. Today our first three were due with written reflections explaining the meaning, the process & relating them to the text. This was my second piece and i titled it "Reaching." its all about locations where ive felt alive and at home. While in was abroad studying i was able to travel to 7 different cities. I printed off a photograph that i took from each place and on the opposite side of each one i put a photograph that ive taken here in Buffalo, NY. Ive been struggling with the containment i feel in buffalo and the longing i have to be back at any one of these cities. I used this project to help me find beauty here in buffalo too.
This project was good for me & helped me come to terms with my urge for new places. Not sure what grade ill get on this piece but i cant wait to bring it home & display it in my room to keep me positive :)


- xx S







1 comment:

  1. What a cute DIY!
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete