Wednesday, March 27, 2013

on that juicin' swag

The past few days I've busted out my mum's old blender & started on the smoothie juicin' craze. Most of the time we hear about juicing in the form of a cleanse, where you only drink these smoothies. I'm not about that--i like real food too much. BUT i am all about healthiness and general feel-good-ness that comes from juicing-- so i've added it into my diet instead of substituting. Lately, i've been adding it in as a snack late-afternoon or after dinner if im still hungry. I think its a great (& yummy) way to incorporate a bunch of fruits & veggies without thinking youre eating fruits & veggies.
Here are three combinations i've tried this week:


// Recipe I -- >>
// Borrowed from the Free People Blog, i mixed:
kale, cucumber, 
pear, and pear juice


// Recipe II -- >>
// banana, strawberries, apples, 
cucumber & kale, 
mixed with water & a bit of chocolate almond milk


// Recipe III -- >>
// strawberries, banana, apple, kiwi
kale, cucumber
chocolate almond milk, & vanilla greek yogurt


+++ Recipe III was probably the yummiest in my opinion. I think it was the introduction of the greek yogurt! It made everything seem more creamy and solid in taste and texture.


- xx S

No comments:

Post a Comment