Wednesday, February 6, 2013

an easy brunch

Like most people, I'm all about brunch. I also really reaaalllly like eggs in my brunch. I'm a vegetarian and have been for almost six years, (dear lord) so having some kind of protein every day is a must. I tend to go with eggs because it's almost like a comfort breakfast-y meal for me. I try to get a little creative with how I prepare my egg meals, & today was no different! Idunno what I wuld call this (way too filling) creation, but it was inspired by hot sauce & the vegetables in my fridge, here's what I used:

+ two eggs (scrambled)
+ mushrooms, yellow peppers, broccoli, spinach
+ shredded sharp cheddar cheese
+ garden vegetable cream cheese
+ red pepper hummus
+ light Italian flat bread
+ buffalo hot sauce, peppercorn ranch, ketchup
+ pepper, & garlic powder

_______________






// 1. // I first began by cutting & sauteing the mushrooms, peppers, & broccoli. Next i poured the scrambled egg mixture on top of the veggies. Later, added pepper, garlic powder & cheddar cheese to the pan.

// 2. // For the flat bread base I spread the cream cheese & hummus on simultaneously, (I tend to really loveeee a lot of flavours) Added some baby spinach for extra greens.

// 3. // Once everything in the pan was cooked i dumped it all on top of the open-faced flat bread. Added some hot sauce, & a bit of ranch & ketchup for more flavour.

+++ 

Ended up being super delicious & definitely something I would make again...just maybe less portions next time.

Happy hump-day!

- xx S
  


No comments:

Post a Comment