Friday, February 15, 2013

Mar's pretty gifts -- DiY




 My best friend Maria turned twenty-two last friday! We always tend to go a little overboard on buying one another gifts for birthdays & christmas, but this year I wanted to make some special things for her. I was inspired by these notebooks, & decided to make some of my own! Here's what I did:




+++

// Supplies needed:
+ notebooks (these are piccadilly brand, & came in a pack of 3 at Barnes&Noble bookstore)
+ polaroids (i took these all at different times over the past two months in my backyard)
+ tape ( i used masking tape as well as pretty leaf printed tape i found at Target)
+ scrapbook pages ( i bought two books of varied patterns of printed paper in the scrapbook section of A.C. Moore)
+ scissors!




 +++

The process was really easy after having all of the materials! I knew which polaroids I wanted to pair with which notebook colour, and just went with the flow. There were so many pretty patterns & different colours to pair & overlap. Too much fun, i could make these kind of journals forever :)
 ++
I [ofcourse] found so many other pretty things I wanted to gift. I almost always am painting something for someone, and this gift was no different. I based it off of a photo i took, and a quote from Jean Rhy's novel Good Morning, Midnight -- a book Mar lent me ages ago. [ ps its a really lovely book.] I found the quote so inspiring, and i knew Mar needed some inspiration, and ofcourse i painted the background yellow, our favourite colour, duh.



 "Do not delude yourselves, nothing is easy, but there is hope."
++
my other fun little gifts for my favourite person :)


- xx S

1 comment:

  1. I love you to the moon and back. Thank you for being the best part of me, always!

    ReplyDelete