Thursday, July 4, 2013

restyle: craft bin, closet space, & cluttered accessories


If you've ever been in my room before you'll know that it is filled with...stuff. Trinkets, patterned vases, patterned pillows, candles, paint, cameras, books, canvases, trinkets, clothes, trinkets, clothes...and oh, did i mention trinkets & clothes?

A couple months ago, inspired by helping my friends move out of their apartment, i began to take down a few trinkets per piece of furniture. (obviously i just put them down into the basement until further notice, sorry mom) This past weekend I was in need of a serious clean & reorganization on my room.

Underneath one table in my room I had all of my cameras and film, just chillin. I decided i wanted to put them away but still accessible when I would need them, so into a black box on top of my closet they went. The black box was originally my craft bin which was getting pretty heavy  and difficult to bring up and down whenever i needed it (often to say the least.)  I had this small set of plastic drawers in my old apartment's bathroom and had no use for it since then. I whipped it back up from the basement, gave it a cleaning and propped in in the corner of my room by my closet. It felt nice to be able to organize all my various crafty materials into separate drawers.



Previously in this corner of my room i had all of my blank canvases and paint out. Since i moved the craft bin out of the closet, i was able to fit the canvases and paint back into the top shelf of the closet.




+
The other cluttering issue was all of my accessories being out on top of my dresser. I love all of the pretty dishes and containers for my jewelery so i always wanted them to be on display but it became overwhelming to me.

+



In the top right drawer of my dresser I have my lotions, deodorant, some perfume, and my box of earrings. It is easy to open up and see what i have and still close it up out of the way when i am done.


The second drawer underneath the earring drawer was a junk drawer. A big overflowing disaster of papers, sunglasses, and useless stuff. I wiped that stuff down clean, threw out a bunch and started moving all my accessories that were on top of my dresser into this drawer.


I'm feeling a lot more organized and a lot less stressed by having these separate drawers for accessories. And for me it feels like uncovering a treasure chest every time i open it up !


+++

I will be doing a proper room tour eventually as well, but i wanted to give a short and sweet restyle on how to update and organize clutter in your space :)


- xx S

1 comment: