Thursday, June 27, 2013

rings on rings on rings

+++

I've always been a jewelry person--as soon as i got my ears pierced for the first time when i was eight i was on board for the long haul. In high school earrings were my go to piece of jewelry, & my job as assistant manager at a costume jewelery store didnt help matters (I did the math once and figured i spent around 100$ a month on crappy 2$ jewelery at this store--ohh seventeen year old me.) For Christmas when I was sixteen my mum gave me the claddagh ring & from there my ring obsession grew. 

 ++
 In the first year of college I bought two spoon rings, of which i was in love with. They were sterling silver & i wore them everyday. The plain silver spoon worn on my middle finger paired with the claddagh ring on my right hand. While the black victorian designed spoon i wore on my left hand pointer finger.
The gold ring with the opal stone was my mothers--i had found it in her jewelery drawer and asked her if i could have it--since then I've worn it everyday on my left hand ring finger.
+++

Unfortunately the spoon rings didnt last--I was doing a fashion show and was asked to take them off, (which i had never done,) the plain silver one broke right in half as i was trying to put it back on, and the design one has a slit in the back where it must of been welded together. :( I've researched trying to find some replacements but nothing that I loved as much as those. Instead, I found other everyday rings to fall in love with.




 +
The knot ring I bought from a vender in London & wear it on the same finger as the claddagh. The silver feather ring, worn on my left hand middle finger, was found at Fossil last year--as soon as we unwrapped it I bought it without hesitation. It reminded me the most of my broken silver spoon ring.
+
The midi rings are mostly an everyday staple as well (two from uo, and two from freepeople.)
The double turquoise ring was something I found while in Aruba.
The silver wrap ring was from a different Fossil store that I visited. 
+++

Even with so many different phases and changes in my everyday accessories, I definitely still consider myself a ring baby at heart & will continue to rock em out

- xx S

No comments:

Post a Comment